Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sonagachi

Today Cheeks (Ryan) and I had the opportunity to walk through Sonagachi (which is the largest red light district in South Asia). We had a girl who travels there often take us through, and it is an experience I think we will both never forget. Girls packed the alleyways, some who looked as old as 60, and some who looked no older than 10. Men were everywhere and we were informed that these were all customers. Girls blew kisses at Cheek and growled while lightly tugging on his shirt, mind you these are girls who belong in junior high, not a brothel. Girls painted their faces with bright make up and a lot wore western clothes like jeans and tee shirts. We stuck out like a sore thumb being white people, and there was a sense from some men and older women that we were not welcome. It was an overwhelming experience; being surrounded by prostitutes and the men who enslave them. All I could think about was the fact that I could have been one of those girls, and as a woman it is excruciating to see how these women are treated. I am overcome with a sense of helplessness, and I fear that there is nothing I can do to stop the awful things these women are forced to submit to do. Where is the justice? I can't believe this is the world i live in, where a girl who should be in elementary school is forced to service men day in and day out. I feel disgusted with the men there. I am trying to fight the hatred that is growing for the men who feel as if they can treat women like this. Seeing that today changed my life forever, and I appreciate all that I am blessed with more now than ever. Everyone in the group says hello, we are off to have our last meal with Holly, Cheeks, and Saxony. They leave on a plane tonight, and they are going to be missed more than they could know. Thanks everyone for the support.

Love,
Cat Cristerna

7 comments:

Unknown said...

see jamisee there are so many girls who are working on there will. even some from very good family. so there is nothing to be emotional about them. we can not stop all these things we know it, as this is perhaps the oldest business still existing around the world. we can only do that we can try for the improvement of sws's life and for that we will have to get this profession properly legallised by indian government.plz post this comment. i m not writing this against ur feelings. this the need of time.

shankar said...

yesterday i was went to calcutta . the flight arrived at 9pm after that i take a taxi and go to hotel and check in. after that 10 pm i went to sonagachi in a taxi. taxi fare is 100rs. at the entrance of the sonagagchi to end of the strret were covered with sweet angels. i select a modern aunt around the age of 29, and ask what ur rate? she said 100rs / shot. i agreed and go with her she go with me her house and her room. and then she ask 100 rs after that she says 300 rs etc i will give that money too. Readers i have warning for u?????????? if u go to sonagachi take less money within 400. its good for u. dnt take any atm or smart card. i will play with her one shot. after i went out suddently and get back to hotel. bcoz in night time there is a possibility of police raid . its not a crime. the police also get commission from this way. Peoples if u want to go to sonagachi kolkatha then u preferly go at day time between 11am -5 pm. its good for us.

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I went to Sonagachi on 13.10.13 to enjoy and selected a girl for intercourse and the amount was finalized Rs. 3000.00. I entered her room and shut the door when I insert my cock Blood come out from inside and cock become dirty my cock size 50mm dia length 25cm my fucking not completed then that very particulars girl returned me Rs. 500 out of Rs. 3000.00. But I am not satisfy and deft Sonagachi.
From Lakhi Roy (Dhubri Golakganj)

Unknown said...

Hi

Unknown said...

Hi

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.