Sunday, May 27, 2007

Hi. I'm Whitney. This trip has been different than i expected it to be. I came here with the intentions of focusing on sex trafficking. When i got here i was shocked by the poverty; it hit me hard. The street kids made me so angry because i didn't want to have to walk by them and hear their "Miss, one rupee, hungry". It made me uncomfortable. It made me so happy when Ranjit told us that we could take the kids to the park one day and hang out with them. This trip i have been having a hard time figuring out how to connect with the people here. I'm not Saxony, i don't jump into every situation and help out in whatever way is possible, I'm not holly, i don't love on everyone that is around me, and i'm not Rhoman, i don't start conversations with random people. I found out though that i am whitney, i love my camera, and i love sharing my camera with people. The day before i had shared my camera with the Kingdom Kids while we were at the soccerfield playing games, but sharing my camera with the Street boys was a little different. They're high and they are out of control and you don't know what to expect. At first i was really nervous to have them holding my camera-what if they run off with it, trip, fall and break my baby? Well, i got over it because it gave me so much joy to see these kids taking pictures....so...i've decided to share with you the photographs that these kids took (the first two are mine)

Raju and Phrabin

Shuni




B.J.
Ginesh












5 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the words that allow us to experience some of what you are going through. Thansk for the pictures that allow us to see a little of what you are experiencing.
Keepit up.
Kinne Callaway

Fiona said...

Whitney & team, thanks for your sharing your eye opening experiences & photos. Yes, I have been to Nepal before, April 2000 with a high schoool team. I remember feeling like I had gone back in time, & it made me think more about life in Jesus time. May your kindness & love continue to sine through
Love Fiona

Donna Hildebrand said...

All of these posts have been so helpful for a concerned mom in Oregon! Whitney--I can see your sensitivity and heart through these pictures and your willingness to let these children of God "see" each other in such a compelling way.
Please keep sharing the voices on these posts...it's a mini-way to get to know each of you.

Donna Hildebrand said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Casey said...

Si grateful for the blogs and pictures! Prayers and love and virtual hugs, Casey